Sunday, April 3, 2011

The first step is the beginning

Sounds simple, doesn't it?  But one thing I know for sure is that starting something new is anything but simple.  Even in the best of circumstances, taking the first step can be so daunting it may take years to begin. 

This blog is a new adventure for me.  It is something that I have considered for a long time.  A lifetime, in some ways.  My vision for this is to be a place to give information, share experiences, and provide support.  An extension of the work I do in my office on a daily basis. 

In my office, I work with a variety of people who struggle with life's ups and downs.  They are no different from me.  They are no different from you.  We work together to identify what is happening, how they got to this point, and most importantly how to begin a journey of change.  Sometimes that is a long journey, sometimes it is short and sweet.  The one thing that is the same is that it all begins with the first step. And that step is the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment