Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Do unto yourself...

One of the things I struggle with most is taking good care of myself.  Like most people, I was raised to think of others, be a good girl, please others, follow the rules.  But I know to be the best me, the best mother, the best wife, the best daughter, sister, and friend, I have to first take care of myself.  If I don't, I can't be any of those things to the best of my abilities.

I often get caught in the overbooked, chaotic life that happens to me, instead of what I create for myself.  I get pulled under by the guilt, the inability to say no to others, and the loss of living in the moment.  Today, I am trying to focus on myself.  Trying to take care of my needs and treat myself the way I should be treated.

How will I know that I am taking care of myself in the best possible way?

I won't say anything to myself that I would not say to this little girl.


1 comment: